Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Patriot

Patriot. n. one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests


From the Kerry hq:
John Kerry and John Edwards believe in a better, stronger America - an America
that is respected, not just feared. An America that listens and leads - that
cherishes freedom, safeguards our people, uplifts others, forges alliances, and
deserves respect. This is the America they believe in. This is the America they
are fighting for. And this is the America we can be.

Kerry's recent interview:

KERRY: I've been involved in this for a long time, longer than George Bush.
[sic] I've spent 20 years negotiating, working, fighting for different kinds of
treaties and different relationships around the world. [sic] I know that as
president there's huge leverage that will be available to me, enormous cards to
play, and I'm not going to play them in public, George. I'm not going to play
them before I'm president.

The real JFK:


Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.



A few what ifs:



George Washington: "I'll lead the fight against the British, that is, if you agree to make me the first president."



Abraham Lincoln: "I'll sign the Emancipation Proclamation if you'll re-elect me."



Franklin Roosevelt: "The only thing we have to fear...is...well, I'll tell you after you re-elect me."


No comments: